Seeing as how it was Veteran’s Day yesterday I thought that this hop should have a Veteran’s Day theme to it (but that doesn’t mean your story has to be). Seems every year people go around saying, “Happy Veteran’s Day”, and I know it’s all quite innocent and meant in good light. But if you stop and think it’s not a “happy” time like Christmas or Channukah, it’s a somber time a time to remember and thank all those who served that we might enjoy the freedoms we do. If we can be “happy about anything, in regards to Veteran’s Day, it is to be happy for our freedoms – thanks to out Veteran’s.
Let’s take a brief moment to remember those Veterans who fought for us, our country, and for our freedoms……
And now, let’s take a look at some wonderful stories from last week:
John’s Box by Scott Taylor
A Beautiful Day to be Alive by Tainis Writings
Helen’s Decision by Sally’s Scribbles
A Different Kind of Sunset by Debb Stanton
Her Story is not one of fiction, but is a real-life story of her own cancer journey
Knit Together in Love by Tony Roberts
You back?? Good!! Now, before we go any further, there is a little matter of rules – In order to make this fun and fair for all.
1) Use the photo(s) and prompt to write a 500-word story; all elements of the prompt must be a feature in the brief story you create. We aren’t counting, but for the fairness of the readers please, no 1000+ word entries.
2) The Photo(s) must be visible in your blog post and where 1 photo/5 words is the theme, the 5 words MUST be clearly referenced in your story. Variations on a word are allowed within reason (for example: adding s, ed, ing to the word to be grammatically correct); but creating a new, unrelated, word is not. (To see an example of a “1 photo/5 word” story see Faith, Hope, Love, and Pink by one of our hosts, Debb Stanton.)
3) Photos are the property of the hostess for the week, unless otherwise mentioned. Please Do Not share photos and/or prompt words as your own.
4) In order to honor the community-purpose of the blog hop, we ask that you please reference the blog hop in your post so your blog audience and the blog hop community may all be connected.
5) Link your story through the blue froggy at bottom by the following Tuesday (direct link to story, not your whole blog, please).
If you have any questions or need any help don’t hesitate to contact one of the hop hosts: Tena, Debb, or Heather (our fourth host Leanne is on a sabbatical due to health concerns and we ask that you continue to keep her in your prayers for complete recovery and return to full health).
After much deliberation (and looking back to see what kind we’ve been doing lately), I decided to use the 1 Photo/5 Words for thus hop. So Here is your photo:
And the randomly (aka close eyes and point using dictionary method) chosen words:
Remember you must use all five words and reference the photo. The five words must be visible in the story (we ask that you highlight them in some way) and the photo must be in your blogpost.